I have a pretty busy life and today has been a very interesting day (and not the good kind of interesting)! When I find myself feeling low or not at my best I like to reverse the mood by thinking about things that I am grateful for. Here’s 10 things I’m grateful for:
1) FAMILY – It is nice to come home to a safe haven – a place where I am loved and accepted and can completely be myself. When I come through the door and am greeted by my sweet doggy and awesome and loving husband, I always feel better instantly!
2) CLEAN WATER – While I live in a part of the country that has an abundance of pristine resources and drinking water, I know there are many places in the world that are not as fortunate as I am. Not only do I have the option to purchase premium water, but am so thankful that I can just turn a nob and have clean water running in my home.
3) BREATH – I’m thankful for my breath. I don’t think many people stop to think about this but our breath, is life-force! We breathe involuntarily and when we exhale, there’s always another breath waiting on the end of our inhale keeping us alive. I am so grateful for my breath, so that I can continue to live my life.
4) PARENTS & SISTER – My parents and sister are just awesome! They always did everything they could to make my life easier and I am so grateful to them. They will always have my back and that is amazing and priceless.
5) HOME – A roof over my head, to keep my cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
6) TRANSPORTATION – The convenience of having my own car and bike are great; I can drive wherever I need, whenever I need and my family and friends are just a stones throw away.
7) INTERNET – The internet is hands-down the best thing since sliced bread. As a kid in middle school and high-school I can remember sitting in the library for hours on weekends, with piles of reference books huddled around me, writing reports and working on projects. Now, because of the internet, I can search for anything at any moment, and almost anywhere (thanks to cell phones).
There are many more things I’m thankful for but these are the ones that came to me today.
What are you grateful for?
In peace and love!